A selection from Carrie Schneider’s series “Reading Women” is the subject of a solo exhibition at the Miller Gallery, on view August 18 through September 9.
Janelle Iglesias, whose work is informed by her background in Cultural Anthropology, will join the faculty for the 2018-19 academic year. Sean Lynch, whose work mines forgotten history to examine contemporary society, will join the faculty for the Spring 2019 semester.
In “Cry, Baby,” Shimoyama presents a world where race, sexuality, and identity can operate from a point of freedom generated by inner strength.
As I look back on this year, I am humbled by the incredible privilege we all share in being part of the School of Art at Carnegie Mellon University, and certain that such privilege makes it our duty as artists, thinkers, and visionaries to help move society forward.
The School of Art Announces Faculty Appointments in Critical Studies and Electronic and Time-Based Media
Beginning in Fall 2018, Dr. Jongwoo Jeremy Kim will join the School as Associate Professor in the area of Critical Studies and Johannes DeYoung will join the School as Assistant Professor in the area of Electronic and Time-Based Media.
- MFA / StudentOutstanding Student Achievement in Contemporary Sculpture Awarded to Alex Lukas MFA ’18
- AlumniChar Stiles (BCSA ’18) and Rachel Wagner (BFA ’13) Present A/V Performance at the Mattress Factory
- FacultyGrand Prix for Best Exhibition in Poland Awarded to Show on which Professor Maria Elena Versari Collaborated
- FacultyProfessor Alisha Wormsley Exhibits in “Civil Rights and Civil Wrongs” at the Mattress Factory
- FacultyProfessor Maria Elena Versari Speaks at Italian Association of Public History Conference in Pisa
- Faculty / SchoolThe School of Art Announces Faculty Appointments in Critical Studies and Electronic and Time-Based Media