Clayton Merrell grew up in Pittsburgh, PA, and Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela. He studied painting and printmaking at the Yale School of Art, where he earned an MFA in 1995. He was awarded a Fulbright Grant for research and creative work in Oaxaca, Mexico in 1996-97. His work is exhibited widely, with recent exhibitions at: Slow… Read more »
Month: June 2017
Kristen Letts Kovak is the Senior Associate Dean for Academics and Student Success and an Associate Teaching Professor in the College of Fine Arts. She teaches undergraduate courses on drawing, painting, and aesthetic philosophy, including the intra-collegiate seminar, “Passport to the Arts.” She studied painting, drawing, and theory at the Maryland Institute College of Art,… Read more »
• Manages personnel and human resources matters. • Manages SOA budgets and payroll. • Manages graduate student funding. • Orders classroom supplies at the request of faculty. • Posts art materials fees charges to student accounts.
• Maintains computers and other electronic media equipment and software. • Maintains and supports audiovisual equipment in classrooms. • Administrates network and telephone activations. • Provides technical support. • Manages Media Equipment Center • Oversees general upkeep, maintenance, and renovations of School of Art classrooms, studios, and offices. • With the Undergraduate Activities Coordinator, manages… Read more »
• Assists with staffing and structural oversight of the School. • Coordinates faculty and staff job searches and new hire on-boarding, as well as cases of faculty reappointment, promotion, and tenure. • With Business Manager, oversees planning and logistics of School of Art visitors (lectures, classroom speakers, etc). • Manages community outreach initiatives.
• Provides SOA and HUB forms, waitlist, and E-grades assistance to faculty. • Coordinates BFA reviews. • Distributes, monitors, and orders studio/classroom keys. • Manages the reservation schedule for hallways, foyers, and Ellis Gallery. • Schedules figure drawing models. • With Technical Manager, coordinates studio lottery and selection. • Manages SOA events.
• Maintains and monitors intaglio, lithography and serigraphy studios and related inventory. • Assists students and faculty using printmaking facilities. • Maintains and monitors the digital print studio and processes digital print requests. • Oversees safety procedures for these areas. • Handles scheduling for Doherty Hall critique space.
• Undergraduate academic advisor, administrative support regarding curriculum planning, course scheduling, registration, waitlists and liaison with campus departments on related matters. • Faculty contact for students with academic performance problems and/or special circumstances (personal/academic). • Approves changes in student status, independent study, internships, etc. Schedule an appointment: https://calendly.com/markcato
Scott Andrew is a multimedia queer-oriented video, installation, and performance artist. He creates speculative fantasies that peer into otherworldly portals and voids. He has exhibited at MoMA’s PopRally Performance Series (NYC), Ballroom Marfa (Marfa, TX), the Hammer Museum (LA), and the J. Paul Getty Museum (LA), among others. Recently, Andrew has worked as a media… Read more »