“I cannot think of many others who have given as much or been as passionately devoted to her students and their growth as artists as Susanne,” said Dan Martin, Dean of the College of Fine Arts.
Nathalie Moreno’s trip was an opportunity for her to examine her roots as a Cuban-American and to better understand the relationship between Miami and Cuba.
Katayama received the MTV RE:DEFINE Art Award for his installation “Kintsukuroi | Golden Repair,” which he made during a residency in the Arctic Circle.
Jessica Vaughn examines the underlying systems of everyday life to expose hierarchies of power and embedded injustices within bureaucracies.
Eric Crosby, Nora Khan, Carin Kuoni, and Ingrid Schaffner will visit the School of Art as visiting critics for the MFA thesis exhibition.
- AlumniMel Bochner BFA ’62 Exhibits “Language Is Not Transparent [Brussels, 2017] at Gladstone Gallery in Brussels
- Alumni / FacultyThe Institute for New Feeling Performs “Other Sky” at the Getty Center in Los Angeles
- AlumniMary Tremonte BFA ‘00 Awarded 2-Year Artist Residency in the Public Realm with Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council
- Alumni / FacultyProfessor Andrew Johnson and MFA Alumni Rob Southard, Jesse England Exhibit at Skowhegan Art Space NYC
- Alumni / FacultyProfessor Prekop and Stephanie Armbruster BFA ’06 Exhibit in “Large Works” at Garage Gallery