Nathalie Moreno’s trip was an opportunity for her to examine her roots as a Cuban-American and to better understand the relationship between Miami and Cuba.
Katayama received the MTV RE:DEFINE Art Award for his installation “Kintsukuroi | Golden Repair,” which he made during a residency in the Arctic Circle.
Jessica Vaughn examines the underlying systems of everyday life to expose hierarchies of power and embedded injustices within bureaucracies.
Eric Crosby, Nora Khan, Carin Kuoni, and Ingrid Schaffner will visit the School of Art as visiting critics for the MFA thesis exhibition.
CMU awarded Alisha B. Wormsley a two-year Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship, and Everest Pipkin will join the faculty as a visiting assistant professor.
- Faculty / SchoolProfessor Clayton Merrell and Alumni Peter Mandradjieff Exhibit in “Incremental Shift”, Concept Art Gallery
- FacultyProfessor Imin Yeh Exhibits in “Idols and Impossible Structures” at International Print Center of New York
- FacultyProfessor Angela Washko Curates “Hacking / Modding / Remixing as Feminist Protest”at Miller Gallery
- FacultyProfessor James Duesing Exhibits in “Edge of Frame: Journeys into Experimental Animation” at White Chapel Gallery, London
- Alumni / FacultyAlumni Caroline Loyola-Garcia Curates “The Domesticity of Abandonment” Opening December 9
- FacultyProfessors Andrew Johnson and Susanne Slavick Exhibit in “Virtual Palestine” at The Jerusalem Fund, Washington D.C.
- FacultyProfessor Paolo Pedercini Exhibits in “Games and Politics” at Centro de Cultural Digital, Mexico City