Nathalie Moreno’s trip was an opportunity for her to examine her roots as a Cuban-American and to better understand the relationship between Miami and Cuba.
Katayama received the MTV RE:DEFINE Art Award for his installation “Kintsukuroi | Golden Repair,” which he made during a residency in the Arctic Circle.
Jessica Vaughn examines the underlying systems of everyday life to expose hierarchies of power and embedded injustices within bureaucracies.
Eric Crosby, Nora Khan, Carin Kuoni, and Ingrid Schaffner will visit the School of Art as visiting critics for the MFA thesis exhibition.
CMU awarded Alisha B. Wormsley a two-year Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship, and Everest Pipkin will join the faculty as a visiting assistant professor.
- FacultyProfessor Joe Mannino Exhibits in “The Great California Art Movement – UC Davis 1960-1990” at John Natsoulas Gallery
- FacultyProfessor Devan Shimoyama Exhibits in “Cultural Landscapes” at Kendall College of Art and Design
- FacultyProfessor Paolo Pedercini Exhibits in “Technologies of Violence” at Arts Santa Monica, Barcelona
- FacultyProfessor Jon Rubin Collaborates with Mural Arts Philadelphia on “9th Street Stock Exchange” Project
- FacultyHead of School Charlie White’s Essay “Plato’s Cave” Published in Buffalo Zine #4 Autumn-Winter 2016/17
- FacultyProfessor Elaine King Presents “The Arts in a Mash-Up Time of All” at SVA’s Humanities and Sciences Conference
- Alumni / FacultyProfessor, Alumnus Zhiwan Cheung Receives ISC’s Student Achievement Awards in Contemporary Sculpture, Exhibits at Grounds for Sculpture