The Just Arts grant from The Heinz Foundation will support “Sibyl’s Shrine,” a Hill District-based residency program for black mothers.
This major award, with a total value of $100,000, will help fund Washko’s experimental video game “The Uncasted Queen and Her Progeny.”
Conflict Kitchen, a project by Professor Jon Rubin and Dawn Weleski BFA ’10, served dishes from countries in conflict with the United States.
Facebook commissioned work from Professors Kim Beck and Imin Yeh, and a collaborative work by MFA candidate Michael Neumann and MFA alumnus Shohei Katayama.
Featuring Alisha Wormsley, Jaume Plensa, Hilton Als, Johannes DeYoung, Walid Raad, Renée Stout, and Stephanie Syjuco
- FacultyProfessor Angela Washko Curates “Hacking / Modding / Remixing as Feminist Protest”at Miller Gallery
- FacultyProfessor James Duesing Exhibits in “Edge of Frame: Journeys into Experimental Animation” at White Chapel Gallery, London
- Alumni / FacultyAlumni Caroline Loyola-Garcia Curates “The Domesticity of Abandonment” Opening December 9
- FacultyProfessors Andrew Johnson and Susanne Slavick Exhibit in “Virtual Palestine” at The Jerusalem Fund, Washington D.C.
- FacultyProfessor Paolo Pedercini Exhibits in “Games and Politics” at Centro de Cultural Digital, Mexico City
- FacultyProfessor Joe Mannino Exhibits in “The Great California Art Movement – UC Davis 1960-1990” at John Natsoulas Gallery