Featuring Kevin Beasley, Allison Smith, Cristóbal Martínez, Dread Scott, Andrea Zittel, Heather Dewey-Hagborg in conversation with Chelsea Manning, Frances Stark, and Robb Hernández
Professor Devan Shimoyama, who won the Pulse prize at last year’s fair, will have a solo booth with Samuel Freeman Gallery. Pulse runs December 7-10 in Miami Beach.
Students and faculty from CMU’s School of Art, School of Music, School of Computer Science, the BXA Intercollege Degree Programs, and Integrative Design, Arts and Technology (IDeATe) Network put on a one-hour festival Saturday in a limestone mine in Brady’s Bend, Armstrong County.
The oldest honor society in the United States, Phi Beta Kappa exists only at the top ten percent of U.S. colleges and universities and accepts only ten percent of students at those universities.
Sarika Goulatia BFA ‘06 Honored with the Carol R. Brown Creative Achievement Award for a Pittsburgh Emerging Artist
In recognition of exemplary artistic achievements and the promise of future work, Sarika Goulatia BFA ’06 will receive a grant of $15,000 and an award object designed by sculptor Thaddeus Mosley.
- FacultyProfessor Ragona Presents “Flux Pour: Non-Language in the works of Paul Sharits” at Concrete Happenings
- Alumni / FacultyProfessor Prekop and Stephanie Armbruster BFA ’06 Exhibit in “Large Works” at Garage Gallery
- MFA / StudentShohei Katayama MFA ’19 Selected for 2017 Tough Art Artist Residency at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
- FacultyProfessor Angela Washko Speaks at The Barnes’ Foundation “Flânerie and the Politics of Public Space” Symposium
- Alumni / StudentStudents and Alumni Exhibit in “More Delicate Things: Mixed Media Femme Art” at Bunker Projects