This show, which is comprised of eight large-scale works in oil, is a celebration of his depiction of the human nude, a subject that has preoccupied Pearlstein since 1960 .
Professor Angela Washko’s Solo Exhibition “The Game: The Game” Opens at the Museum of the Moving Image
“The Game: The Game” takes the form of a dating simulator, pitting you against six men who are aggressively vying for your attention at a bar. The exhibition will open with a talk and performance from Professor Washko on January 10 at 7:00pm.
Featuring Allison Smith, Cristóbal Martínez, Dread Scott, Andrea Zittel, Heather Dewey-Hagborg in conversation with Chelsea Manning, Frances Stark, and Robb Hernández
Professor Devan Shimoyama, who won the Pulse prize at last year’s fair, will have a solo booth with Samuel Freeman Gallery. Pulse runs December 7-10 in Miami Beach.
Students and faculty from CMU’s School of Art, School of Music, School of Computer Science, the BXA Intercollege Degree Programs, and Integrative Design, Arts and Technology (IDeATe) Network put on a one-hour festival Saturday in a limestone mine in Brady’s Bend, Armstrong County.
- MFA / StudentShohei Katayama MFA ’19 exhibits in “Kinetic Ambitions” at Living Arts & Science Center, Lexington
- Faculty / SchoolProfessor Clayton Merrell and Alumni Peter Mandradjieff Exhibit in “Incremental Shift”, Concept Art Gallery
- FacultyProfessor Imin Yeh Exhibits in “Idols and Impossible Structures” at International Print Center of New York
- StudentUndergrads Publish 12 Manifestos in “This can be absurd, practical, radical…” for Digital Storytelling & Resistance Class
- FacultyProfessor Angela Washko Curates “Hacking / Modding / Remixing as Feminist Protest”at Miller Gallery
- FacultyProfessor James Duesing Exhibits in “Edge of Frame: Journeys into Experimental Animation” at White Chapel Gallery, London
- Alumni / FacultyAlumni Caroline Loyola-Garcia Curates “The Domesticity of Abandonment” Opening December 9