The MoonArk is a massive collaborative and integrated project intended to spark wonderment for future humans through poetically entangled visual narratives of the arts, humanities, sciences and technologies.
Beginning September 22, CMU MFA candidates will have a new off-campus space to develop and exhibit work, collaborate with other artists and thinkers, and enrich the artistic and cultural dialogue of Pittsburgh and beyond.
It is with great excitement that I welcome you back to the School of Art this fall and extend warm greetings to our incoming freshmen, first-year graduate students, and new faculty and staff joining us here at Carnegie Mellon University.
A new collaboration between CMU’s Frank-Ratchye STUDIO for Creative Inquiry and CMoA aims to identify, annotate, and organize visually distinctive features through the use of advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques.
Featuring Ian Cheng, Erin Markey, Shannon Ebner, Malik Gaines, Erin Cosgrove, Angela Dufresne, and Sarah Oppenheimer.
- FacultyProfessor Rich Pell’s Collaborative Installation “Birdlike and Wingless” Is Part of Group Exhibition at The Peale
- FacultyProfessor Melissa Ragona Gives Talks at The Finnish Academy of Fine Arts and AMA Gallery in Helsinki
- Alumni / FacultyJon Rubin and alumna Dawn Weleski Receive an Andy Warhol Foundation Fellowship for Conflict Kitchen
- FacultyProfessor Angela Washko Exhibits in “Feedback: Marshall McLuhan and the Arts” at West Den Haag in the Netherlands
- Alumni / MFA / StudentGray Swartzel MFA ‘18, Oreen Cohen MFA ‘11-14, and Sarika Goulatia BFA ’06 participate in “Contemporaneous”