Nathalie Moreno’s trip was an opportunity for her to examine her roots as a Cuban-American and to better understand the relationship between Miami and Cuba.
Katayama received the MTV RE:DEFINE Art Award for his installation “Kintsukuroi | Golden Repair,” which he made during a residency in the Arctic Circle.
Jessica Vaughn examines the underlying systems of everyday life to expose hierarchies of power and embedded injustices within bureaucracies.
Eric Crosby, Nora Khan, Carin Kuoni, and Ingrid Schaffner will visit the School of Art as visiting critics for the MFA thesis exhibition.
CMU awarded Alisha B. Wormsley a two-year Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship, and Everest Pipkin will join the faculty as a visiting assistant professor.
- Alumni / FacultyAlumni and Faculty Exhibit in “Dreamlands: Immersive Cinema and Art, 1905–2016”, Whitney Museum
- MFA / StudentShohei Katayama MFA ’19 exhibits in “Kinetic Ambitions” at Living Arts & Science Center, Lexington
- Faculty / SchoolProfessor Clayton Merrell and Alumni Peter Mandradjieff Exhibit in “Incremental Shift”, Concept Art Gallery
- FacultyProfessor Imin Yeh Exhibits in “Idols and Impossible Structures” at International Print Center of New York
- StudentUndergrads Publish 12 Manifestos in “This can be absurd, practical, radical…” for Digital Storytelling & Resistance Class
- FacultyProfessor Angela Washko Curates “Hacking / Modding / Remixing as Feminist Protest”at Miller Gallery
- FacultyProfessor James Duesing Exhibits in “Edge of Frame: Journeys into Experimental Animation” at White Chapel Gallery, London