We acknowledge the school’s own complicity in systemic racism, and our responsibility to do more to dismantle white supremacy and violence.
This donation is only the first step as the School confronts systemic racism within our own walls.
In the wake of the racist killings of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and Breonna Taylor, I am reaching out to reaffirm that the School of Art at Carnegie Mellon University is a community empowered by our differences and diversity.
For the School of Art, it has also been a year of incredible achievements, filled with creativity, perseverance, and ingenuity.
Since we could not celebrate graduation in person this year, the School of Art asked several faculty and notable alumni to record messages for graduates.
- FacultyProfessor Melissa Ragona Gives Talks at The Finnish Academy of Fine Arts and AMA Gallery in Helsinki
- Alumni / FacultyJon Rubin and alumna Dawn Weleski Receive an Andy Warhol Foundation Fellowship for Conflict Kitchen
- FacultyProfessor Angela Washko Exhibits in “Feedback: Marshall McLuhan and the Arts” at West Den Haag in the Netherlands
- Alumni / MFA / StudentGray Swartzel MFA ’18, Oreen Cohen MFA ’11-14, and Sarika Goulatia BFA ’06 participate in “Contemporaneous”
- FacultyProfessor Rich Pell Exhibits in “Postnaturaleza” at the Museum of Natural Science in Zaragoza, Spain
- AlumniPaul Vanouse MFA ‘96 Wins Award of Distinction and Mary Tsang BSA ‘13 Wins Honorary Mention at Ars Electronica 2017