Featuring Alisha Wormsley, Jaume Plensa, Hilton Als, Johannes DeYoung, Walid Raad, Renée Stout, and Stephanie Syjuco
Peter Burr BFA ’02 creates immersive animated cinematic artworks that hover on the boundary between abstraction and figuration.
Professor Devan Shimoyama is included in the group show “The Hoodie,” an exhibition exploring the role of a fashion garment as a socio-political carrier.
Professor Levin and Lingdong Huang BCSA ’20 Analyze National Gallery of Art Collection as part of CMU Team
The National Gallery of Art is the first American art museum to invite teams of data scientists and art historians to analyze, contextualize, and visualize their permanent collection data.
Lena Chen MFA ’22 Exhibits, Performs, and Presents at THE ARTS+/B3 The Future Culture Festival in Frankfurt, Germany
Chen’s video installation, “Expose Her” is a portal into the secret life of a woman who creates an alter-ego after a traumatic event.
- Alumni / FacultyAlumni and Faculty Exhibit in “Dreamlands: Immersive Cinema and Art, 1905–2016”, Whitney Museum
- MFA / StudentShohei Katayama MFA ’19 exhibits in “Kinetic Ambitions” at Living Arts & Science Center, Lexington
- Faculty / SchoolProfessor Clayton Merrell and Alumni Peter Mandradjieff Exhibit in “Incremental Shift”, Concept Art Gallery
- FacultyProfessor Imin Yeh Exhibits in “Idols and Impossible Structures” at International Print Center of New York
- StudentUndergrads Publish 12 Manifestos in “This can be absurd, practical, radical…” for Digital Storytelling & Resistance Class
- FacultyProfessor Angela Washko Curates “Hacking / Modding / Remixing as Feminist Protest”at Miller Gallery
- FacultyProfessor James Duesing Exhibits in “Edge of Frame: Journeys into Experimental Animation” at White Chapel Gallery, London
- Alumni / FacultyAlumni Caroline Loyola-Garcia Curates “The Domesticity of Abandonment” Opening December 9