We acknowledge the school’s own complicity in systemic racism, and our responsibility to do more to dismantle white supremacy and violence.
This donation is only the first step as the School confronts systemic racism within our own walls.
In the wake of the racist killings of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and Breonna Taylor, I am reaching out to reaffirm that the School of Art at Carnegie Mellon University is a community empowered by our differences and diversity.
For the School of Art, it has also been a year of incredible achievements, filled with creativity, perseverance, and ingenuity.
Since we could not celebrate graduation in person this year, the School of Art asked several faculty and notable alumni to record messages for graduates.
- FacultyProfessor Ragona Presents “Flux Pour: Non-Language in the works of Paul Sharits” at Concrete Happenings
- Alumni / FacultyProfessor Prekop and Stephanie Armbruster BFA ’06 Exhibit in “Large Works” at Garage Gallery
- MFA / StudentShohei Katayama MFA ’19 Selected for 2017 Tough Art Artist Residency at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
- FacultyProfessor Angela Washko Speaks at The Barnes’ Foundation “Flânerie and the Politics of Public Space” Symposium
- Alumni / StudentStudents and Alumni Exhibit in “More Delicate Things: Mixed Media Femme Art” at Bunker Projects