For the School of Art, it has also been a year of incredible achievements, filled with creativity, perseverance, and ingenuity.
Since we could not celebrate graduation in person this year, the School of Art asked several faculty and notable alumni to record messages for graduates.
Rising to the challenge a new online-only world, seniors self-curated a digital exhibition that takes full advantage of a web-based platform.
The School of Art had a record number of submissions this year, and faculty were truly impressed with the caliber of work submitted!
A division of CMU’s Student Affairs, SLICE awarded The Frame an additional $42,000 to undertake significant renovations of the gallery.
- Faculty / SchoolProfessor Clayton Merrell and Alumni Peter Mandradjieff Exhibit in “Incremental Shift”, Concept Art Gallery
- FacultyProfessor Imin Yeh Exhibits in “Idols and Impossible Structures” at International Print Center of New York
- StudentUndergrads Publish 12 Manifestos in “This can be absurd, practical, radical…” for Digital Storytelling & Resistance Class
- FacultyProfessor Angela Washko Curates “Hacking / Modding / Remixing as Feminist Protest”at Miller Gallery
- FacultyProfessor James Duesing Exhibits in “Edge of Frame: Journeys into Experimental Animation” at White Chapel Gallery, London
- Alumni / FacultyAlumni Caroline Loyola-Garcia Curates “The Domesticity of Abandonment” Opening December 9
- FacultyProfessors Andrew Johnson and Susanne Slavick Exhibit in “Virtual Palestine” at The Jerusalem Fund, Washington D.C.