For the School of Art, it has also been a year of incredible achievements, filled with creativity, perseverance, and ingenuity.
Since we could not celebrate graduation in person this year, the School of Art asked several faculty and notable alumni to record messages for graduates.
Rising to the challenge a new online-only world, seniors self-curated a digital exhibition that takes full advantage of a web-based platform.
The School of Art had a record number of submissions this year, and faculty were truly impressed with the caliber of work submitted!
A division of CMU’s Student Affairs, SLICE awarded The Frame an additional $42,000 to undertake significant renovations of the gallery.
- FacultyProfessor Joe Mannino Exhibits in “The Great California Art Movement – UC Davis 1960-1990” at John Natsoulas Gallery
- FacultyProfessor Devan Shimoyama Exhibits in “Cultural Landscapes” at Kendall College of Art and Design
- FacultyProfessor Paolo Pedercini Exhibits in “Technologies of Violence” at Arts Santa Monica, Barcelona
- FacultyProfessor Jon Rubin Collaborates with Mural Arts Philadelphia on “9th Street Stock Exchange” Project
- FacultyHead of School Charlie White’s Essay “Plato’s Cave” Published in Buffalo Zine #4 Autumn-Winter 2016/17