For the School of Art, it has also been a year of incredible achievements, filled with creativity, perseverance, and ingenuity.
Since we could not celebrate graduation in person this year, the School of Art asked several faculty and notable alumni to record messages for graduates.
Rising to the challenge a new online-only world, seniors self-curated a digital exhibition that takes full advantage of a web-based platform.
The School of Art had a record number of submissions this year, and faculty were truly impressed with the caliber of work submitted!
A division of CMU’s Student Affairs, SLICE awarded The Frame an additional $42,000 to undertake significant renovations of the gallery.
- Alumni / FacultyProfessor, Alumnus Zhiwan Cheung Receives ISC’s Student Achievement Awards in Contemporary Sculpture, Exhibits at Grounds for Sculpture
- Faculty / StudentProfessor Ali Momeni and Student Team Awarded Grable Foundation Grant for SocialVr Project
- FacultyProfessor Angela Washko Exhibits in “Performing in Public: Four Years of Ephemeral Actions in World of Warcraft” at UCSD
- FacultyProfessor James Duesing Exhibits in “Move It: Parts & Labour” at Oriel Davies Gallery, Newtown Wales
- Alumni / Faculty / Staff / StudentA Week of Music, Art, and Tech: Weird Reality Conference & VIA Festival Team Up