We acknowledge the school’s own complicity in systemic racism, and our responsibility to do more to dismantle white supremacy and violence.
This donation is only the first step as the School confronts systemic racism within our own walls.
In the wake of the racist killings of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and Breonna Taylor, I am reaching out to reaffirm that the School of Art at Carnegie Mellon University is a community empowered by our differences and diversity.
For the School of Art, it has also been a year of incredible achievements, filled with creativity, perseverance, and ingenuity.
Since we could not celebrate graduation in person this year, the School of Art asked several faculty and notable alumni to record messages for graduates.
- Faculty / MFA / StudentProfessor Takahashi and Paper Buck (MFA ’20) Exhibit at the Carnegie Museum of Art
- Alumni / Faculty / StudentFacebook Commissions Artwork from Faculty and from Student-Alumnus Collaboration
- Faculty / StudentProfessor Levin and Lingdong Huang BCSA ’20 Analyze National Gallery of Art Collection as part of CMU Team
- MFA / StudentCatholic University of America Welcomes Georgia Saxelby MFA ’22 as Critic and Artist-in-Residence
- MFA / StudentLena Chen MFA ’22 Exhibits, Performs, and Presents at THE ARTS+/B3 The Future Culture Festival in Frankfurt, Germany