• Oversees responsibility of 3D fabrication facilities such as woodshop and welding area. • Shares responsibility for Small Metals and Ceramics areas with the Digital and Physical Computing Technician. • Responsible for instructing students, faculty and staff in the proper and safe use of various tools and equipment. • Oversees student and faculty projects. •… Read more »
• Administrative Assistant to Head of School. • Information and reception desk. • Distributes mail. • Maintains copier, office supplies, and provisions. • Manages SOA calendar.
Coordinates Pre-College Summer Program, hires and oversees instructors and teaching assistants.
Carol Hernandez assists with School of Art financial transactions including staff, faculty, and student reimbursements as well as purchasing card transactions.
• Works directly with Graduate Program Director, affiliated faculty, and students on all Graduate Program related issues including admissions, student enrollment, course registration, scheduling, and events. • Assists in the coordination of graduate reviews, assistantships, and advisors.
• Maintains and monitors the School of Art Digital Fabrication Lab, laser cutters, and CNC routers. • Establishes and oversees safety protocols and training for use of these spaces. • Schedules, trains, and supervises student monitors. • Shares responsibilities with Sculpture Technician within the areas of Ceramics and Small Metals.
• Oversees the creation and distribution of all internal and external communications for the School of Art. • Oversees production and distribution of all printed promotional materials related to the School. • Manages publication of the Weekly Newsletter, as well as all website and social media content. • Assists in the coordination of School of… Read more »
• Manages personnel and human resources matters. • Manages SOA budgets and payroll. • Manages graduate student funding. • Orders classroom supplies at the request of faculty. • Posts art materials fees charges to student accounts.
• Maintains computers and other electronic media equipment and software. • Maintains and supports audiovisual equipment in classrooms. • Administrates network and telephone activations. • Provides technical support. • Manages Media Equipment Center • Oversees general upkeep, maintenance, and renovations of School of Art classrooms, studios, and offices. • With the Undergraduate Activities Coordinator, manages… Read more »
• Assists with staffing and structural oversight of the School. • Coordinates faculty and staff job searches, new hire on-boarding, as well as cases of faculty reappointment, promotion, and tenure. • With Business Manager, oversees planning and logistics of School of Art Lecture Series.