The School of Art Announces Faculty Appointments in Critical Studies and Electronic and Time-Based Media
Beginning in Fall 2018, Dr. Jongwoo Jeremy Kim will join the School as Associate Professor in the area of Critical Studies and Johannes DeYoung will join the School as Assistant Professor in the area of Electronic and Time-Based Media.
Winners were announced for the Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Awards, along with the Interdisciplinary Award, the C.G. Douglas “Wrong-Way” Corrigan Travel Fellowship, and the Dara Birnbaum Senior Award.
Fifth Year Scholar Lauren Valley Launches “Electric Women,” A New Platform to Highlight Women of Color in the Digital Art Space
In the world of digital art, women of color are largely underrepresented.
Encompassing the entire top floor of the current GSIA building, adjacent to the College of Fine Arts, the new School of Art graduate facility will provide 18 individual studios, a study space, administrative offices, and flexible-use space.
The conference was a single day to consider how “informatic systems shape social organization,” an especially timely topic given the growth of machine learning, big data, and the influence of social media on human thought.
- Alumni / FacultyProfessor Susanne Slavick and Alumnae Included New Book “Creative Practices for Visual Artists”
- Alumni / FacultyProfessor Jon Rubin with Lenka Clayton and Alumnus Mel Bochner Among Artists in Carnegie International
- Alumni / FacultyProfessor Scott Andrew, as member of Institute for New Feeling, Exhibits at Michigan State University
- Alumni / FacultyProfessor James Duesing & Alumnus Paul Glabicki Show Early Films in “Experimental Frames”
- AlumniLaura Domencic BFA ’96 Co-Curates “Emigration-Immigration-Migration” at the Westmoreland Museum of Art