The MoonArk is a massive collaborative and integrated project intended to spark wonderment for future humans through poetically entangled visual narratives of the arts, humanities, sciences and technologies.
Beginning September 22, CMU MFA candidates will have a new off-campus space to develop and exhibit work, collaborate with other artists and thinkers, and enrich the artistic and cultural dialogue of Pittsburgh and beyond.
It is with great excitement that I welcome you back to the School of Art this fall and extend warm greetings to our incoming freshmen, first-year graduate students, and new faculty and staff joining us here at Carnegie Mellon University.
A new collaboration between CMU’s Frank-Ratchye STUDIO for Creative Inquiry and CMoA aims to identify, annotate, and organize visually distinctive features through the use of advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques.
Featuring Ian Cheng, Erin Markey, Shannon Ebner, Malik Gaines, Erin Cosgrove, Angela Dufresne, and Sarah Oppenheimer.
- Alumni / FacultyAlumni and Faculty Exhibit in “Dreamlands: Immersive Cinema and Art, 1905–2016”, Whitney Museum
- MFA / StudentShohei Katayama MFA ’19 exhibits in “Kinetic Ambitions” at Living Arts & Science Center, Lexington
- Faculty / SchoolProfessor Clayton Merrell and Alumni Peter Mandradjieff Exhibit in “Incremental Shift”, Concept Art Gallery
- FacultyProfessor Imin Yeh Exhibits in “Idols and Impossible Structures”, International Print Center of New York
- StudentUndergrads Publish 12 Manifestos in “This can be absurd, practical, radical…” for Digital Storytelling & Resistance Class
- FacultyProfessor Angela Washko Curates “Hacking / Modding / Remixing as Feminist Protest”at Miller Gallery
- FacultyProfessor James Duesing Exhibits in “Edge of Frame: Journeys into Experimental Animation” at White Chapel Gallery, London